Useful links for teachers:
Learnnowbc - Mr. Krois recommends this site.
http://www.eduplace.com - recommended by Mrs. Bullis
- http://www.eduplace.com/tales - students create stories (grade 3 and up) - recommended by Mrs. Bullis
- http://www.timeforkids.com - printable worksheetsfor all grade levels - recommended by Mrs. Bullis
- http://www.durhamtrial.org - Omega 3 and effects on ADHD
- http://pics4learning.com/ - recommended by Rick Paterson for free images
- www.reading.org - (International Reading Association)
- www.readwritethink.org - (lessons that have been peer-reviewed)
- www.bookcentre.ca - (Canadian authors and illustrators)
Student Learning and Professional Learning:
- Fraser Valley Tumblebook Readers - good for primary students
- http://www.earobics.com - ( literacy site; go to Game Goo (kids) or to http://www.cogcon.com/gamegoo
- http://www.cgkids.ca - (Canadian Geographic for children)
- http://www.storyplace.org - interactive stories and activities
- http://www.storylineonline.net - actors read books
- http://www.professorgarfield.org - activities for Kindergarten to Grade 8
- http://www.ngfl-cymru.org.uk - Excellent beginning reading and writing developed in the U. K.
- Nelson Math Companion Activities - Guide for homework or enrichment at all grade levels
DPA ACTIVITIES :
Other useful sites:
- http://www.edhelper.com - Education Instant Worksheets and Plans.
- http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html - A video to help children deal with loss of a pet.
- http://www.canteach.ca/ - resource with lessons, links and discussion lists for K - 7 teachers
- http://www.eduweb.com/adventure.html Site has interactive WebPages for students
- http://www.educators.ca/ - site for Canadian teachers
- http://eduscapes.com/sessions/butter/primary.htm - primary ideas
- http://www.learningpage.com/ - Free worksheets K - 4
- http://www.pbs.org/teachersource - many subjects.
- Other Topics, Word Play Fun, etc:.
- http://www.enchantedlearning.com - units, books to print out
- http://www.libsci.sc.edu/miller/unitlink.htm - themes to use
- http://teacher.scholastic.com/index.htm - Lesson Plans, Authors and Books
- http://www.teachervision.com/ - School-Home Connection - Teachers' Lounge - Lesson Plans - Tests
- http://www.theteacherlist.ca/ - math, science, social studies, language studies
- http://www.puzzlemaker.discovereducation.com/ - puzzles for grades 3 - 7