Code of Conduct:
At Hawthorne Elementary we:
Take care of others, Take care of ourselves, Take care of this place.
The staff of Hawthorne Elementary School believe that:
- Each individual is responsible for his or her own behaviour.
- It is the responsibility of the school, in partnership with the home, to teach, model, and reinforce appropriate behaviour.
- All behaviour has consequences.
The Hawthorne Elementary School staff will strive to:
- Create a caring and safe environment for all
- Teach children to make wise choices in order to become healthy, contributing citizens
- Foster the growth of responsibility and respect of all people and property.
- Respect themselves, others, and property
- Keep themselves, others and property safe
- Be under supervision at all times
- Be actively involved in their educational program.
At Hawthorne, we are a team… Together in learning at home and at school, Encouraging personal and social responsibility in a safe and respectful environment, Achieving our personal best by actively participating in a balanced education, Making a difference today, for tomorrow in a safe and respectful environment.